"The Helga"

The Helga was the ship that shelled Liberty Hall from the Liffey during the Easter Rising. When the Irish War of Independence got started, theĀ Helga was used to transport British auxiliary troops (the Black and Tans) around the coast when many of the roads were made impassable by Irish forces. In August 1923, the Helga was handed over to the Irish Free State and renamed Muirchu (hound of the sea).