The Boeuf sur le Toit (Ox on the Roof) was a Paris cabaret-bar and restaurant, founded in 1922 by Louis Moyses. It was situated originally on the rue Boissy d'Anglas, then on rue de Penthièvre, before moving to its present site on the rue du Colisée, where it continues to operate as a restaurant.
The bar was a venue for Jazz music, and le boeuf became the informal French term for a jam session.
The name comes from a surrealist ballet which had a Brazilian-inspired score by Darius Milhaud, a script by Jean Cocteau, and stage designs by the artist Raoul Dufy. Le Boeuf sur le Toit ballet was premiered at the Comédie des Champs-Élysées (part of the Théâtre des Champs Élysées) in 1920.