"Peace Pledge"
A memorial to Conscientious Objectors in Tavistock Square Gardens, London - the erection of which was co-ordinated by the Peace Pledge Union.
GNU Free Documentation LicenseA memorial to Conscientious Objectors in Tavistock Square Gardens, London - the erection of which was co-ordinated by the Peace Pledge Union. - Credit: Pvasiliadis, Wikimedia Commons

The Peace Pledge Union is a pacifist organisation that was founded by Dick Sheppard, Canon of St. Paul's Cathedral, in 1934. It is still in existence today.

Originally a men-only movement, it began admitting women members from 1936 onwards.

Between 1936 and 1961, its official newspaper was Peace News which is also still in existence today, although it is no longer affiliated to the Peace Pledge Union.