"Little Popo"

Little Popo is the former name of Aného, a town in southeastern Togo. It became the capital of the German colony of Togoland in 1880, but quickly declined in importance after the capital was transferred to Lomé in 1897.


Map of German Togoland (1885)
Public DomainMap of German Togoland (1885) - Credit: Scottish Geographical Magazine
Aného (c, 1918)
Public DomainAného (c. 1918) - Credit: Albert F. Calvert