Puerto Madryn is the capital of the Chubut province in Argentina. It was first settled by Welsh immigrants in 1865. They named it Porth Madryn in honour of colonist Sir Love Jones-Parry. In this aerial short of the Peninsula Valdes Port Madryn is located just above the bottom, left-hand corner.
The ageing clipper Mimosa sailed from Liverpool with the first Welsh settlers in May 1865. They arrived in Patagonia two months later. There were 153 passengers on board, although some claims put it at 163.