At one time, Jackson Square was the heart of New Orleans and it was called Place d'Armes. Jackson Square was named after Andrew Jackson and his statue has stood there since 1856. The St. Louis Cathedral is located on one side of the square.
Wikipedia: Jackson Square
Copyright 2009-2013 Book Drum Ltd
Registered Number:06981959 Registered office: 26 Delancey Street, London NW1 7NH