"Miss Clarts got tears in her eyes when she told us the story of Icarus, how his wings had melted when he flew too close to the sun, how he had dropped like a stone past his father Daedelus into the sea."
- King Minos, however, did not want Daedalus to tell its secrets to anyone and decided to keep Daedalus and his son Icarus prisoners in a tower.
- Obviously, Daedalus and Icarus didn't much like the idea of being prisoners, so Daedalus set about making wings out of bird feathers and wax for himself and Icarus.
- Daedalus warned his son not to fly to close to the sun as the wax would melt and he would fall.
- Father and son set off but after a while, Icarus, ignoring his father's previous advice, flew too high up and before he realized, the wax of his wings was melting!
- He fell into the ocean and drowned.