"the Academy of Music"
The Academy of Music (c. 1854-1909)
Public DomainThe Academy of Music (c. 1854-1909) - Credit: Henry Edward Krehbiel

The Academy of Music was an opera house located in Manhattan, New York. The 4,000-seat hall opened on October 2, 1854, and became the city's premiere opera venue until 1883 when it was supplanted by the new Metropolitan Opera House.

In 1886, the Academy ceased presenting opera, turning instead to vaudeville theatre for a time before renting the venue out to labour organisations in the early 1900s for the staging of rallies. In 1926 the building was demolished, along with its neighbour Tammany Hall, for the construction of the Consolidated Edison Company Building.