"When he rode through Cloverdale it was just gray light"

Cloverdale began around 1889, when the Victor Land and Cattle Company purchased the nearby Cloverdale Ranch. After other ranches sprang up the community became known as Cloverdale. At its height, the town had a population of about two hundred people.

Now a deserted ghost town, all that remains is an old store, an abandoned flagstone house and the wooden dance pavilion which Billy passes in the novel.


Cloverdale ghost town
Permission Granted by Copyright Owner for Use on Book DrumCloverdale ghost town - Credit: Paul Boyd

Google Map