Rackhams was the name of a department store which had several premises in Birmingham. The company began trading in 1881, and was sold in 1955 to Harrods, which was itself taken over by the House of Fraser in 1959. However, the name Rackhams was retained for the Birmingham store until fairly recently.
In the 1970s, other stores taken over by the House of Fraser, such as those in Altrincham (Cheshire), Bradford and Sheffield (West, and South Yorkshire) and Leamington Spa (Warwickshire), were also given the name Rackhams.
The picture below, taken in 1964, shows the Rackhams store on Corporation Street, Birmingham.