"They set a date for Matholwch to sleep with her at Aberffraw"

Aberffraw (‘the mouth of the River Ffraw’) was one of the medieval Welsh cantrefs* of the Island of Anglesey (Ynys Môn) and is today the name of a village on the island. Between 860 and 1170, it was the site of the main court of the Kings and Princes of Gwynedd.

*see bookmark for page 3

Aberffraw Bay
Creative Commons Attribution Share AlikeAberffraw Bay - Credit: Gordon Hatton



Google Map