"He gave supper parties at Ciro's"

Ciro's Restaurant was a swank Orange Street club (at Charing Cross Road), decorated in Louis XIV style and featuring a sliding roof and a dance floor on springs. It was designed in 1915.

From 1956 until 1985 the building was leased to the Royal Dental Hospital. Some time after that it was taken over by the National Portrait Gallery.