Sir John and Lady Flora Eaton built Kawandag in 1906. It had stables and a golf course as well as the huge mansion pictured here. The Eatons sold it in 1945, and in 1949 it was turned into a resort. In 1967 it became a private boys’ school, Rosseau Lake College. Although the original house burned down, the now co-ed College is still in existence.