Regent's Park is one of London’s Royal Parks. It is located in north-central London, and includes Regent’s College and London Zoo.
The land was appropriated by Henry VIII during the Dissolution of the Monasteries. At first, it was set aside as a hunting park, known as Marylebone Park. From 1649 it was let out in small holdings for hay and dairy produce.
In 1811, the Prince Regent commissioned architect John Nash to develop a masterplan for the area. It was developed as a park, surrounded by terraces of houses. The park was first opened to the general public in 1835 - initially for just two days a week.