"Down there - we squinted along Great Windmill Street - 'the Trocadero Palace'"
The London Trocadero in 2008
GNU Free Documentation LicenseThe London Trocadero in 2008 - Credit: Drow male, Wikimedia Commons

The Trocadero Palace of Varieties was opened in 1882, and renamed the Royal Trocadero Music Hall in the late 1880s.

The site on Coventry Street had previously had many different uses; follow this link to find out more.

Its life as a music hall came to an end in 1896 when it became the Trocadero Restaurant, run by J. Lyons & Co..

Later, the building became part of the Trocadero shopping and entertainment complex, which is currently in the process of being redeveloped as a hotel.