"a fellow with whom we'd shared a bill at the Paragon"

The Paragon Theatre of Varieties was situated on the Mile End Road, in the Stepney area of London.

It opened in 1885 on the site of Lusby's Music Hall, which had been destroyed by fire. It became a cinema known as the Mile End Empire in 1912. 

In the 1930s, a new cinema was built on the site; it is still in existence today, operating under the name of Genesis.


Google Map