The Twilight Cook Book
Cyn's Wild Mushroom Ravioli
For the Filling: * 1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom * 1/4 cup sliced oyster mushroom * 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushroom (baby portabella) * 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms * 2 garlic cloves, sliced * 1/4 cup butter * 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper * 1/8 teaspoon sea salt * 1/4 teaspoon onion powder * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder * 1/8 cup beef broth * 1 tablespoon olive oil * 1 cup ricotta cheese * 1/4 cup parmesan cheese * 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped mixed mushrooms
For the Ravioli: * 3 cups unbleached white flour * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 2 eggs * 1/2 cup water
1. Melt butter in pan.
2. Add olive oil to melted butter.
3. Add mushrooms.
4.Let mushrooms sweat until they release their juices.
5. Add pepper, salt, and onion/garlic powder.
6. Add 1/8 cup beef broth and let mixture reduce.
7. Once reduced, remove from heat and let cool.
8. Add cheeses to blender/food processor.
9.Add cooled mushroom mixture to cheese.
10.Blend together until smooth.
11.Add more broth if mixture is too thick.
12.Remove mixture to bowl stir in 1/2 cup of mixed mushrooms.
1. Sift flour and salt together. 2.Place flour mixture on a board, making a well in the center of the flour. 3. Drop eggs into the flour well, using your hand or a fork, break the yolks and beat eggs slightly. 4. Combine the eggs and flour together, gradually adding enough warm water to make a stiff dough. 5. Knead dough well, until smooth; cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes. 6. Cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet (about 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick).
Filling the Ravioli
1. Drop about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of filling about 1 1/2 inches apart all along the dough. 2. When the sheet of dough is fully dotted with dabs of filling mixture, cover filling with other sheet of dough.3. Using your fingers, gently press dough between each dab of filling to seal it.4. Cut ravioli into squares with a pastry cutter, or very sharp knife.
Allow ravioli to dry for one hour before cooking. Drop ravioli into 6 to 8 quarts of boiling, salted water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is tender. Remove cooked ravioli from pot carefully with a skimmer or a large slotted spoon, and drain well. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite cream sauce.