The Twilight Cook Book
Marinated Tuna Steaks
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks
1. In a large non-reactive dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
Jane Austen was an English writer known for her witty portrayals of 19th Century society. She wrote from 1811 to 1816: Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814), Emma (1816), Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, which were both published posthumously in 1818. She died before she could complete her last novel, Sanditon.
Over the years a huge fan base has been built around her work - with many unofficial sequels and movies based on her characters, and their stories.
The Forks weather doesn't allow you to be particular: when it's cold you have to dress well. But sometimes the sun smiles down on you, allowing a little more freedom...
It has now become a favorite draw for twilighters, and has introduced a special dish named Bella's Mushroon Ravioli, the dish she chooses in the book.
Divination is the art of telling the future, and the crystal is one way to do it. There are two approaches to using crystals: the first is crystal gazing, in which one looks for the future in the crystals; the second is scrying, or interpreting the future by the position of the stones.
The Twilight Cook Book
Cyn's Wild Mushroom Ravioli
For the Filling: * 1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom * 1/4 cup sliced oyster mushroom * 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushroom (baby portabella) * 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms * 2 garlic cloves, sliced * 1/4 cup butter * 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper * 1/8 teaspoon sea salt * 1/4 teaspoon onion powder * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder * 1/8 cup beef broth * 1 tablespoon olive oil * 1 cup ricotta cheese * 1/4 cup parmesan cheese * 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped mixed mushrooms
For the Ravioli: * 3 cups unbleached white flour * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 2 eggs * 1/2 cup water
1. Melt butter in pan.
2. Add olive oil to melted butter.
3. Add mushrooms.
4.Let mushrooms sweat until they release their juices.
5. Add pepper, salt, and onion/garlic powder.
6. Add 1/8 cup beef broth and let mixture reduce.
7. Once reduced, remove from heat and let cool.
8. Add cheeses to blender/food processor.
9.Add cooled mushroom mixture to cheese.
10.Blend together until smooth.
11.Add more broth if mixture is too thick.
12.Remove mixture to bowl stir in 1/2 cup of mixed mushrooms.
1. Sift flour and salt together. 2.Place flour mixture on a board, making a well in the center of the flour. 3. Drop eggs into the flour well, using your hand or a fork, break the yolks and beat eggs slightly. 4. Combine the eggs and flour together, gradually adding enough warm water to make a stiff dough. 5. Knead dough well, until smooth; cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes. 6. Cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet (about 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick).
Filling the Ravioli
1. Drop about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of filling about 1 1/2 inches apart all along the dough. 2. When the sheet of dough is fully dotted with dabs of filling mixture, cover filling with other sheet of dough.3. Using your fingers, gently press dough between each dab of filling to seal it.4. Cut ravioli into squares with a pastry cutter, or very sharp knife.
Allow ravioli to dry for one hour before cooking. Drop ravioli into 6 to 8 quarts of boiling, salted water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is tender. Remove cooked ravioli from pot carefully with a skimmer or a large slotted spoon, and drain well. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite cream sauce.